Monday, January 3, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - 01/03/2011


Ok so as previously posted one of my two resolutions revolutions for 2011 was to lose weight - my husband and I are doing it together, well, kind of. We are part of a Biggest Loser contest that has other contestants, so really we are competing against each other. In the end though it is about making healthy choices and while none of our children have an extra ounce on them, we know that unless we teach them now about eating healthy they could some day struggle with weight too.

Whew..did that make any sense? If so, read on....lol

Anyway, I have decided that in order to expand our taste buds, I am going to fix at least one meal every week that is new to us.

This week the new recipe is Gourmet Roast Beef Roll Ups. This is a Biggest Loser recipe. It sounds really good and I am anxious to give it a try. I don't know why, but the chili garlic sauce just sounds really appealing to me!

Here is our menu line for the week:

Monday: Tacos..for my husband and I it will be taco salad, using ground turkey and low calorie tortilla strips.

Tuesday: Baked Ziti - featuring whole wheat pasta and heart healthy Ragu sauce..

Wednesday: Gourmet roast beef roll ups ( I can't wait!)

Thursday: Grilled Chicken w/ salad and steamed vegetables

Friday: Turkey Burgers with baked potatoes and probably some mac and cheese for the kiddos.

Saturday: Leftovers

Sunday: Dinner at my mom's - just another reason why I love Sundays!!!


That's our line up for the week. I will let you know if the if beef roll ups get a thumbs up or thumbs down.



No comments:

Post a Comment