Monday, October 4, 2010

Ebay? Ebay?? Ebay???

Remember when I said I was too busy to blog?

Remember the part about turning "trash" into treasure over at My Dear Trash?

So I decided to give it a try..

I mean I love a good great deal, but I DO NOT HAVE THE ROOM to keep very many great deals.

Soooo...I decided to see if I could make a profit off of my deals.


I started seeing $$ signs at every yard sale and at every thrift store...even in my own closet (and my husband's too..ssshhh don't tell)

I am still trying to figure out what it is that makes an item sell..is it simply price? Is it shipping costs? Maybe it is all about timing, yes, that must be it..because check these two sales out.


Here we have a ladie's size small Gap Stretch jean jacket.



I purchased it at a yard sale for $1. Listed it on Ebay with a starting bid of $3 and shipping of $5...after a 3 day auction, it did not sell. I immediately relisted it. I changed the starting bid from $3 to $2.99 and the shipping from $5 to $4.95, so a 6¢ difference. It ended up selling for $7.50 + the $4.95 shipping.

Another example that proves it is all about timing..



This nice Tommy Hilfiger men's jacket was found in the back of our closet, we have no idea where it came from, so decided to throw it out there. Starting bid was $3 with $5.50 shipping, after a 3 day auction..NOTHING. Remembering the Gap jacket, I relisted it. However, this time, I upped the starting bid to $4.99 and lowered the shipping to $4.95.

Yeah, it sold for $10.50 + $4.95 shipping.

BTW, if that was your Tommy Hilfiger jacket..I am so sorry......

So while I am still learning the ins and outs of selling on Ebay, I do remind myself that it is all about timing, just as pretty much everything else in life.





No comments:

Post a Comment