Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Couch...


So last week in one of my few posts I told you about the couch that I was so excited to be buying...

Well, after my post about contentment, after our Sunday School lesson on priorities, after the sell of our fridge in a way fell through (the sale of the fridge was going to be money towards our new couch). We posted it for sale on Craigslist and wouldn't you know the first serious inquiry was from the Army Reserve Unit in St. Louis. Their refrigerator went out and were looking for a new one. They had asked if we would take less because the money comes out of the family support fund... really?? How are we supposed to sell it to them. We were not supposed to - we told them they could have and thanked them for their service to our country.

We decided on no new couch.

See the couch that we have now is comfortable. The couch we have now is in good condition. The only issue with the couch we have is with me. I **think** the furniture is dated. Maybe it is or maybe it isn't, the point is we did not NEED a new couch. I could not justify shelling out a few hundred dollars on something that was not a necessity - I say "I" because Brian was content with what we had and had told me that it was my decision if we bought a new one or not. We are still new at living life as a one income household, so I think that our money is better saved for now.

However, I still couldn't get past that they are somewhat dated. So much to my happiness, Target had a sale on slipcovers. I really wasn't sure that was a look I wanted to go for, but I figured I would give it a try. I did and I love it!!! Now I just need to buy me some throw pillows and we will have a "new" couch!

One day we will buy a new couch, when we really need it, until then I will continue using what we have and be content & thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment