Monday, December 28, 2009

Do You Ever Box God In?

I know I do..and I don't know why.

Right now we have in our lives something that could change the course of our lives at least for awhile. It is medical. Today a test was being performed on my husband and I knew he was nervous, not necessarily because of the results but because of the pain.

With the kids out of school right now and the appt. being first thing in the morning, we opted to have his mom take him - he couldn't go alone. Throughout the night I would wake up worried about him, hating that he was nervous. So I prayed. I prayed that the Lord would not let it hurt too bad. I prayed that several times, until I asked myself why am I not praying that it wouldn't hurt at all. I mean the dr. did say there would be pain, so there has to be some pain. There I went.. putting God in a box. I knew He could make it not hurt too bad, but for some reason I apparently didn't believe that He could / would make it not hurt at all, so I didn't even ask.

Have I lost you yet?

When Jesus prayed in the garden, He didn't ask that the pain on the cross wouldn't be too bad, He prayed that He wouldn't even have to bear the cross AND He even knew before hand how that prayer would be answered, but He still prayed that prayer.

So laying in bed last night, I began praying that it wouldn't be painful for him. and you know what...He answered my prayers. My husband called me on his way home and told me he couldn't believe it - he had been nervous for nothing. The procedure went fine. He even gave his dr. grief about telling him it would be painful.

Thank you Jesus!!

So I don't wanna box you in
You've been doing big things since the world began
Sometimes I just don't understand
That you're big enough - but you're big enough Jesus!


Lyrics to Big Enough by Ayiesha Woods... great song!


No comments:

Post a Comment