Thursday, January 6, 2011

Got Pizza??

First let me start off by saying that I promise I am not going to turn this into a food blog nor will I talk about "the diet" endlessly.

Having said that..can I pleeeeeease share with you the personal pan pizzas that my husband and I made for ourselves today for lunch? Look at this baby..doesn't it look delish, especially on my Target after Christmas clearance paper plate?



It tasted even better and the calorie count is less than 250, add a garden salad to it and you have yourself a nice healthy lunch.

Real quick I will tell you what we did. Our crust is 1/2 of a honey wheat pita pocket. (If you are near a Schnucks, this week they have Kangaroo Pita Pockets on sale $1 a package, not a shabby price at all.) For our sauce we each used 1/4 cup of a Ragu heart healthy pasta sauce. We then topped it with turkey bacon, followed by veggies of our choosing. For the finale we added a little oregano. Toasted them in our toaster oven and...............

BOOYAH!!! They were soooooo yummy!!!

We do/did the Little Ceasars $5 pizzas on Friday nights often, I am just excited that we can still do that for the kids and we (my husband and I) will enjoy our own pizza and not feel like we are missing anything!

Hope you are having a great day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment