Friday, February 4, 2011

JOY Project January Update & What We Plan To Do For February

This year we decided to do a JOY project every month for 2011.

For January it was decided to be the Humane Society (you can read about it here.)

We ended up with a box full of items to donate, the kids collected change and saved their money to give to the Humane Society.




I am so proud of them.

February's JOY project came when I learned about a young man (teenager) who lost his mom in a car accident just a few weeks ago. His mother's testimony had been shared to me and she sounds like an amazing Christian woman and mother. I can only imagine how hard it will be for this boy to have to finish growing up without the influence his mother. We want him to know that while we may not know him personally, we are praying for him just the same and hopefully will be able to send him some encouragement. The plan is once we find out a little bit more of his interests we can make a fun care box for him.

My mom is my best friend..at 35 I would be at a loss without her.

I cannot imagine his pain.

We also have a long time family friend, who in 2010 experienced losses (notice it's plural) that most people will not endure and certainly not in less than a year.

One of her losses was her only daughter, the mother of her only granddaughter, who she is now raising.

As a mom of four beautiful children, it hurts too much to even try to imagine what her pain is like.

For her I have a few things I want us to do for her to let her know that she is in our prayers everyday.

If you will..I would appreciate prayers for both of these individuals and their families.

Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting? The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ

I am so thankful that there can be Victory in death through Jesus Christ!

Linking up to Amy's Finer Things for Finer Things Friday



No comments:

Post a Comment