Sunday, September 27, 2009

Operation Organization - 09/27/09

I Corinthians 14:40 says "Let all things be done decently and in order."

That was a weekly Bible memory verse I had when I was in, I believe, the fourth grade.. and it has haunted me ever since!! Seriously, for almost all of my years of education, Bible memorization was pretty much a weekly requirement and yet this is the verse that I have hid in my heart!! LOL Maybe the truth is that this is one verse that I have not hid in my heart and that is why everytime I am looking for my keys, the kids shoes or anything else that has gone missing, I am overcome with the guilt of not living an orderly life.
I know that this is not the context in which this verse was written, but nevertheless, it is driving me to become a more organized person, one step at a time.

My first battle, if you will, in Operation Organization is to declutter.. you cannot organize clutter. So I am starting with FlyLady's 27 fling boogie everynight or at least every other night until my last day on the job. I have about three weeks left at my job, so if I follow through with this or "win" this battle, I should have a pretty good head start on decluttering, who knows maybe I will even be done so that I can immediately begin actually organizing- that would be great!!!
If you would like to find out more about what a 27 fling boogie is you can read about it here.

Have a great night.. I am going to go do a little flinging before I head off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment