Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer is Here


So this is my first summer in a long while that I am able to be home with the kids. I am so excited.

I am anxious to give them a good great summer. They deserve it! My three older ones who are in school, ended their school year with great grades...I think they get that from me!! LOL - ok maybe not!

Since we no longer have my full time income, we certainly will have to stay within budget when it comes to our summer outings, however, I am excited about what there is to do around town for free or nearly free.

Some of things that we have tentatively planned include:

-Parks... we are fortunate and live within minutes of several parks. A little picnic lunch and we are set.

-Zoo... we live near one of the best zoos in the country.. and its free. We actually visited this over the weekend and had a blast. While we were there till it closed, we still did not see everything, so we will be going back.

-Six Flags..my daughter has a free ticket from school and with the coupons that are always around, this really should not be too costly.

-Local Drive In - this drive in allows two kids per each paying adult. So my husband and I each pay and all of our kiddos are free. They play two movies. Our plan is to go this Friday, bring our own snacks and enjoy a couple of movies under the stars.

-Chicago - I have family that lives up there and we absolutely love it up there.

-Kentucky - We go there for an annual family reunion. We do a little shopping and a whole lot of swimming at the hotel we stay at. My kids look forward to it every year.

-Great Wolf Lodge.. this is happening in just a couple of weeks. Looking extremely forward to this. We were able to find some other things in the area for the kids to do.. best of all they are free.

-Springfield, IL.. so much history there and I heard there is great shopping too!! LOL

I know that there will be more that will make it onto our summer vacation to do list and I am so excited!!! I will try to post about our outings and how we did staying within budget!!

Have a safe and happy summer everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment