Thursday, August 27, 2009

New Recipe...

at least for me.....
Eryn, my oldest, has been requesting chicken and dumplings forever now. I had never made them, wasn't really sure how to go about making homemade dumplings. Then I found out, I don't have to make them homemade, you can used canned biscuits!! Who knew!
So yesterday afternoon, I had Brian take a whole cut up chicken that I had bought, put it in the crock pot with some water, chicken broth and a packet of Lipton soup. It slow cooked the rest of the day while I was at work. Once it was done, Brian deboned it for me, while I took Ash to baton. When I got home I took the canned biscuits and rolled each one out really thin, quartered them and dropped them in the chicken, I added a can of cream of chicken soup to thicken it up a bit. Fifteen minutes later it was done and so good! This is definately a thumbs up for my family! Eryn who is one of my pickier eaters, told me that she loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment